The best stress killer is a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Now, most of the people may use packaged coffee powder or instant mix, but what we do not like about this powder is that it tends to lose aroma and flavor with time. There is something really hypnotic about the Freshly Ground Coffee. You can buy some roasted beans depending on your liking, and then you can also buy a coffee grinder to grind these coffee beans. This can help you in making a fresh cup of brew every day. We are sure that you can feel the aroma of this freshly brewed coffee.
There are different types of Coffee Grinders available in the market. You will come across the manual ones, and you will come across the electric coffee grinders. Both can help you in getting the same quality of the coffee grind, but the electric ones make it easy for you to get the coffee powder. Today, you will find a lot of brands ofcoffee grinder and a lot of different models. You can check out different models available, but it can be confusing to make the purchase.
We are going to help you in purchasing the best coffee grinder as we plan to share this consumer report with you, which will help you in purchasing the best possible coffee grinders. Move on to the next section and check out some of the best models of coffee grinders that are available in the market along with their detailed reviews, pros, and cons.
Best Buy Coffee Grinder Consumer Reviews
In this section, you will find the consumer reports of Best Coffee Grinders that are available in the market. We also understand that you might not like what someone else likes, and that is the reason why we have compiled a list of multiple products. You can check them out and if any of this coffee grinder is able to grab your attention, then you can visit the product link associated with that particular listing. Here are the top 10 best coffee grinders that you will find in the market –
1. Cuisinart DBM-8 Automatic Burr Mill
One of the best coffee grinders is from Cuisinart, and it is an automatic machine. The machine has capabilities to grind coffee for you for a single-use or you can grind a chamber full of coffee beans. It can hold ground coffee that can make as much as 32 cups of coffee. In terms of the build quality, it is quite amazing, and there is extensive use of steel. You can choose between the multiple settings for the fineness where you can adjust all the ranges between the extra fine coffee ground and extra coarse coffee ground. In total, there are 18 grinding settings that you can choose from.
The coffee burr mill ensures that the oil and aroma of the coffee beans are preserved so that you get the right blend when you brew your coffee. The motor is also very heavy duty and the manufacturer provides you with a cleaning brush and a scoop to use with this machine. The electric timer takes care of turning the machine off once the grinding is complete. Overall, we like this machine, and it can be a perfect one for the people who consume a lot of coffee.
- This coffee mill has 18 settings that enable you to choose the texture of the coffee powder that you desire.
- The machine uses stainless steel blades, which are very long-lasting and which also work like magic.
- The storage chamber in this machine can store enough ground that can help you in making 32 coffees.
- Some consumers didn’t like the quality of the machine.
2. JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
The electric coffee grinders can be expensive and that is one of the reasons why some of the people may avoid buying them. If you are also looking for an affordable coffee grinder, then why don’t you just try a manual coffee grinder? Well, here we present you with a manual coffee grinder and do not worry about the different textures here. This grinder also gives you precise control on the fineness of the coffee powder. It has 18 different settings to choose the fineness of the ground. You can use the ground for any type of brew. You can use this ground in a French press, a Chemex,a drop cone, a residential, and an aero press, and even with expresso machines.
Since this is a manually powered machine, there is a hand crank that needs to be rotated to grind the coffee. The blades are designed with ceramic, which means that they will last 5 times longer than the regular stainless steel blade. You do not even have to change the blades while trying different textures as the setting to get the desired texture in in-built.If you are purchasing this product online, then you will also get a free bag of coffee.
- This is quite an affordable coffee grinder since it is a manual machine that can do the job very well.
- It has 18 texture selectors, and you can do this without changing blades.
- The blades of this coffee grinder are designed with ceramic, which lasts a lot longer the stainless steel blades.
- Nothing that we could notice.
3. Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder
If you are still looking for an electric grinder, but if you are also looking for something affordable, then let us present you with the coffee grinder from Mr. Coffee. It is an imported coffee grinder that comes in black color. You can not only use this for grinding the coffee, but you can also use this for grinding the spices. Just like many other electric coffee grinders, this one also has a variable grind setting, which includes Coarse, Medium, and Fine Coffee Grind. Another good feature of this coffee grinder is that there is a cleaning system integrated into the coffee grinder, which cleans the chamber walls. This feature helps in reducing any kind of wastage.
This coffee grinder is capable of grinding coffee that can be used for a minimum of 4 cups and a maximum quantity to brew 12 cups. The blade is sturdy and it also has a long cord that can help you in using the coffee grinder even when the switch is located far. You can choose the texture and the number of cups. Once this is done, simply press the button and get ready for the aroma of fresh ground coffee.
- The brand offers 1 year warranty on this coffee grinder and it is also one of the most affordable electric coffee grinders.
- It comes with a chambermaid cleaning system, which ensures that there is no mess inside the chamber. This chamber is dishwasher safe.
- It is a portable system which can also be carried with you.
- This coffee grinder has less number of coffee grinding settings.
4. Hamilton Beach Coffee Grinder
At number 4, we have a coffee grinder from Hamilton. This one is for the people who need a simple coffee grinder with quite operations. You can use this to make coffee at night or early in the morning without waking up your partner. The blades of this coffee grinder are designed with stainless steel, and there is also a removable grinding chamber that can be washed in the dishwasher. This machine offers you the required versatility as the usage of this coffee grinder is not just restricted to the coffee beans, but you can also use it with the spices of various kinds.
Another amazing feature about this coffee grinder is the cord storage, which can hide the cord in the base of the coffee grinder. This reduces the risk of any kind of damage. The maximum coffee that you can grind in this coffee grinder is up to 9 tablespoons. This is usually enough for 12 cups of coffee. With all these great features and an affordable price, we are sure that you are craving for a hot cup of aromatic coffee that you have made with the help of this Hamilton Beach Coffee Grinder.
- This coffee grinder from Hamilton comes with a 5 year long warranty from the manufacturer.
- The blades are very sharp, and they are made of stainless steel.
- The motor is powerful, yet the coffee grind is quite. You can use the grinder without disturbing someone who is sleeping.
- There are no texture selection modes in this coffee grinder.
5. KitchenAid Blade Coffee Grinder
Moving on to the next product on our list, we have something from KitchenAid on our list. Before we begin talking about the features of this coffee grinder, let us tell you that this is available in two colors, which include red and silver. The maximum power output of this coffee grinder is 160 Watts, and it also has a stainless steel blade to utilize this power. All these things ensure that you get an aromatic blend after ever use. The motor is housed in secure heavy-duty housing. If you find it difficult to clean the coffee grinders, then let us tell you that this model is very easy to clean. You can simply pop most of the parts into the dishwasher.
Even in this coffee grinder, you can grind various types of dry spices which enables you to get fresh aromatic spices at home. With all these features, this coffee grinder found a place on our list. It is affordable, easy to use, and easy to clean as well, which does make a lot of difference when it comes to grinding the high-quality coffee beans.
- KitchenAid offers a 1-year long warranty on this coffee grinder.
- The top cover, blade, and bowl are dishwasher friendly, which makes them easy to clean.
- The blade is made of stainless steel, and in a single-use, it can grind enough beans to brew 12 cups of coffee.
- There is a lock of texture selection since it runs on a single-speed and using a single blade.
6. Mueller Austria Hyper Grind Precision Coffee Grinder
Do you often find yourself grinding spices? Do you also like freshly ground coffee? Well, we have an electric coffee grinder for you, which can be used for various purposes. This can be used for grinding coffee, nuts, herbs, spices, nuts and a lot of other things which you might be using in daily life. The consistency is maintained and you have full control over the coarseness of the item that you are grinding. This grinder is also very compact and because of this, it takes very minimal space in your kitchen. You can even keep it in a cupboard or drawer when it is not in use.
Apart from the details listed above, this coffee grinder goes through multiple rounds of checks to ensure that there are no quality-related issues with the grinder. The stainless steel blade integrated into the head of the grinder is also durable. When you are using this grinder, you can be assured that the aroma of coffee, herbs or whatever you are grinding is preserved. It takes away the trophy of one of the best-designed coffee grinders in the list. Overall, it is a nice product.
- This coffee grinder features a set of stainless steel blades that are durable.
- You can use this to grind the coffee, spices, nuts, herbs, grains, and a lot of other things.
- The brand also offers a money-back guarantee to you when you are purchasing this coffee grinder.
- Nothing that we could notice about this coffee grinder.
7. Quiseen One-Touch Electric Coffee Grinder
Another affordable electric coffee grinder in our list is from Quiseen. This is a one-touch coffee grinder that can be used to grind coffee beans, nuts, spices, and a lot of other grains. It is also probably one of the best-looking coffee grinders in the list. The one-touch operation makes it easy to use the coffee grinder. The motor makes this machine fast and efficient. To protect you from any kind of accident, there is an integrated safety lock in the coffee grinder, which ensures that the coffee grinder will only work when the cap is on.
The maximum amount of coffee beans that it can grind in a single batch is 70 grams which are equivalent to 7 cups of coffee. In addition to this, the motor of all the coffee makers can generate a lot of vibrations so this manufacturer has made the surface very graspable. Overall, this coffee grinder is for the people who are looking for something affordable, durable and easy to use. You will not be disappointed with the performance of this coffee grinder and we can assure you that.
- This is one of the most affordable coffee grinders available on the list which can be used for grinding various items.
- The coffee grinder comes with a safety lock as well, which can protect you from any accident.
- It features a single touch operation and it has a capacity of 70 grams in a single batch.
- No warranty information available about this coffee grinder.
8. OXO BREW Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Enough of basic, affordable coffee grinders. Let us now look at something a lot more premium. This coffee grinder from OXO is one of the best in the market. It comes with as many as 15 grind settings and it also has a one-touch start feature that works with the timer. The manufacturer understands that the coffee can go bad with the UV light and that is the reason why this comes with tinted glass for you. The hopper ensures that no mess is created and the maximum quantity this can hold is 0.75 pounds. The ground container has a capacity of 110 grams which translated to 11 to 12 cups of coffee for you.
There is also a built-in digital scale in the base of the grinder, which measures the output of the weight. This feature ensures that you get the right amount of coffee every time you use the grinder. The mess-free design is another add on which features a trap door to ensure that the bean doesn’t fall out of the hopper when you remove it.
- The coffee grinder has 15 different settings for selecting the texture. There are multiple micro settings in these 15 settings.
- The coffee grinder comes with one touch start and the advantage of this is that you do not have to monitor the grinder.
- It comes with 2 year warranty which covers most of the things.
- It is slightly expensive since it is one of the premium models from the brand.
9. Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill
Chefman is quite a popular brand when it comes to the coffee grinder. There are several models available from this brand but the one that we are going to talk about today will steal your heart. This coffee grinder looks quite premium but it is available at an affordable price. Talking about the features, this machine comes with 17 grinding options and you can also select the cups of coffee you want. You can select anywhere between 2 to 12. The hopper of this coffee grinder has a lot of space as well as it can hold 8 oz. of coffee beans. While grinding the coffee, the machine ensures that the blades do not overheat which can often lead to the evaporation of aroma or oils.
The burr mill system is quite durable and you also get an option here to select grind on demand. The texture control is totally in your hand which is yet another advantage of purchasing this coffee grinder from Chefman. Overall, the product is satisfactory and you can consider this since it is available at an affordable price.
- This coffee grinder features a 110-watt motor which also has 17 grinding options for you.
- You can ground coffee for 2 cups to 12 cups of coffee using this coffee grinder and the mill ensures that the full flavor is retained in the coffee.
- The discs can be detached for cleaning and you also get a brush that can help you in quick cleaning of the coffee grinder machine.
- No warranty information available about this coffee burr mill.
10. Breville Smart Grinder
The last product on our list is from Breville, and this is a digital coffee grinder. It is available in 3 finish but the brushed stainless steel looks the best. This has the maximum number of grind settings and to give you an idea; there are 60 grinding settings. The electronic timer controls the motor very precisely, which is yet another add-on purchasing the smart coffee grinder. The total capacity of this coffee grinder is 18 ounces and there is also a locking system on the hopper, which enables you to remove the hopper without any mess.
There are many accessories included in the pack. These accessories include 2 Portafilter Cradle, grinder container with an airtight cap and a cleaning brush. You can easily unleash the full potential of the machine by checking out the user manual and by learning about the different functions of the smart grinder. One of the best features in this smart grinder is dosingiQ, which controls the machine very precisely. You can increase the time of grind by an increment of 0.2 seconds. This ensures that you get the perfect dosage of coffee after every run. Overall, this is one of the most advanced coffee grinderson the list, and we would recommend this to someone who loves coffee more than any other drink.
- This is a smart coffee grinder that also has an LCD to see the settings.
- There are 60 grind settings in this coffee grinder to control the output.
- This smart machine is one of the best that you will find in the market in terms of features.
- It is one of the most expensive coffee grinders in the list.
How To Choose The Best Coffee Grinder
Purchasing a pre-ground coffee from the market today is an easy task; such pre-grounded coffee is comparatively cheaper. However, you should know that true coffee lovers crave freshness and originality. This is one of the main reasons, why, there is a recent increase in the demand for coffee grinders. If you are planning to purchase a coffee grinder today, then, the factors mentioned below will help you select the best coffee grinder from the market today.
- Type of coffee grinder –
There are two types of coffee grinders available on the market today,
- Blade grinders – a blade grinder is the cheapest type of grinder that is available today. This type of grinder is cheap for a reason; it has to be manually driven to crush the coffee beans. The grounded coffee will be coarse and it will not be suitable for use.
- Burr grinders – a burr grinder is the best type of grinder that you can consider to purchase today. A burr grinder is designed to grind the coffee bean uniformly and the grinding is done without destroying the flavor. One of the things that you should know is that there are two types of burr grinders available today.
- Flat burr – is the most efficient type of burr grinder, as the grain size of grinded coffee is highly consistent but costlier than any other coffee grinders. This type of burr grinder is loud.
- Conical burr – less efficient and quieter compared to a flat burr grinder, but, cheaper than flat burr grinder.
Based on the above-mentioned facts, you should select a suitable product for yourselves, however, we would recommend you go for a flat burr coffee grinder if you have no budget limitations.
- Particle size and consistency –
A coffee grinder comes designed to grind the coffee beans into fine particles and the size of the particle is very important. If the size of the particle is uneven, the flavor and aroma could be lost. As mentioned above, there are different types of coffee grinders available on the market and each type delivers a different result. This is why it is very important that you consider purchasing a coffee grinder based on how fine the coffee grain size is.
- Cost –
A perfect coffee grinder does not come cheap, as you have seen above, there are different types of coffee grinders available on the market and each of them cost different. However, this does not mean, the best coffee grinder type flat burr grinder will always cost more than other types. The cost of the product will differ based on the quality and the brand. If the product comes from a reputed brand, even a blade coffee grinder could cost more than a generic brand flat burr coffee grinder.
Grinding the coffee beans is the first and only task a coffee grinder can do, however, every coffee grinder comes with capacity. Most of the people assume that capacity does not matter when it comes to coffee grinder. This assumption is entirely wrong if you need a coffee grinder for grinding coffee beans for more than three people, and for more than once a day. Then, a coffee grinder with good capacity is a better option, you might ask why; the main reason is that if the capacity of the coffee grinder is high, the flavor and odor will be sealed. Therefore, it is best recommended that you purchase a coffee grinder of suitable capacity based on your grinding requirement.
- Speed –
Most of the coffee grinders available today are marketed, highlighting the speed as an important factor. However, let us remind you, speed is just a gimmick when it comes to coffee grinders. Do you know why? One of the reasons is that as the speed of the coffee grinder increases, heat is produced and it will burn your coffee grains, this, in turn, destroys the flavor and odor. If you are a true coffee lover, you will not want prefer having a cup of coffee with no taste or odor. Therefore, it is best recommended that you neglect the speed and it is very important that you purchase a coffee grinder that runs at very low speed.
- Ease of use –
A coffee grinder has few complicated parts and it is very important that a coffee grinder is cleaned periodically. If the coffee grinder is left unclean, then, it could harm the health and destroy the flavor. Therefore, it is best recommended that you consider purchasing a coffee grinder that is easy to clean.
Coffee Grinder Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is better a manual or an automatic coffee grinder?
The answer to this question depends on what kind of coffee drinker you are. If you are a person who loves classic, an automatic or electric, or motor-driven coffee grinder would never satisfy. Classic coffee consumers love to grinder their coffee manually. One of the main reasons is because the coffee flavor is least lost while manual grinding. On the other hand, electric or motor-driven coffee grinder tends to heat and end up losing a comparatively large amount of flavor. But, a manual coffee grinder might exhaust the user and for arthritis patients, it would be hard/impossible to use. Motor-driven coffee grinders are loud and cannot be used once there is no power supply. Now, with the facts mentioned above, judge the best among both.
- What would be the result if I grind the coffee beans too fine or too coarse?
The secret of tasty and classic coffee lies within the size of the coffee powder itself. if it is too fine or too coarse, the result could be drastic. Too fine makes it over-extracted and bitter and coarser could make it under-extracted and less flavored. Therefore, the size of the coffee granules should be somewhere between these. It is up to you to decide. After all, different people love different tastes, based on your taste grind them.
- How long would my roasted coffee last in a vacuum-sealed bag?
If you have done the roasting yourself and you packed the roasted coffee in a vacuum bag, then it should have a maximum shelf life of 18-months. However, if you open the bag in between, it would last only for a maximum 1-month. Remember, if you are planning to use the roasted coffee in the future, it is best recommended that you split the coffee into several bags and store it. Once you open a bag, use it, and do not repack it; repacking a vacuum-sealed bag would be a waste of time and coffee flavor.
- Which type of coffee grinder is better? Blade or burr?
Most of the classic coffee lovers and experts would recommend burr coffee makers to be better than any other type of coffee grinders, this is true. If compared to all the types of coffee grinder especially the blade coffee grinder, the grinding is consistent, uniform, and the least flavor is lost during grinding. As of today, no other motorized coffee grinders could offer these features together. Apart from this, burr coffee grinders are durable and they offer more control while grinding.
- Which do you think is better, ready made coffee powder or grinding coffee beans?
What type of coffee drinker are you? if you are a person who drinks coffee for the sake of it, ready-made coffee powder is best for you, as they are cheap and do not involve any complicated processing. On the other hand, if you are a coffee lover, who demands flavor and aroma without any compromise, then, there is nothing else that could challenge grinding the coffee beans yourself and preparing a cup of coffee. The process itself adds a special taste to the coffee.
With this, we have come to the end of this consumer reports. We are sure that these consumer reviews will help you in choosing the coffee grinder that will turn your mornings into the good mornings.These coffee grinders do make an amazing gift. You can even gift them to a coffee lover, and he is going to remember you for the rest of his life. We have taken care to cover all the points while compiling these reviews. You can go ahead and choose any of these coffee grinders depending on the design and your preferences.
One thing that we can assure you is that no matter which one you buy, you will get an amazing brew every morning. While purchasing the coffee grinder, you can add some Arabic coffee beans to your cart to make a complete package for morning supplies. We will now conclude the consumer report and do write to us if you have any questions, queries, or feedback.