To keep your baby safe and show extreme care toward him/her, buying quality equipment is a parenting win. Any product which is good in multitasking help you to prevent the baby from any problem, and the multitasking gives you versatile advantages.
The same goes for a convertible car seat. No doubt, a child means everything the parent and care toward the baby are always top-notch. While communicating between two places, a convertible car seat can come in handy to protect your baby from any threat.
Communicating between the grocery store, parents’ place, picnic, market, and more becomes easier with a quality product. It is a type of car seat, specially made for babies, which is in a rear-facing position. It can be switched for older children in a front-facing position for extreme care.
These car seats can be used as booster seats. Due to the versatility and longer lifespan, you can use a convertible car seat from preschool to beyond. An alternative option to a convertible car seat is buying an infant car seat, which is quite similar but not upgradable.
Based on the design, it is easy to claim that convertible car seats are a bit heavy and hard to place, but it is a one-time investment. Buying an infant car seat seems a cheaper option along with small tweaks also but you won’t be using that for a long time.
Best Buy Convertible Car Seat Reviews
- Best Buy Convertible Car Seat Reviews
- 1. Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
- 2. Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
- 3. Graco Slim-Fit 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat
- 4. Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat
- 5. Britax Marathon Click Tight Convertible Car Seat
- 6. Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat
- 7. Diono Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
- 8. Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 9. Britax Advocate Click Tight Anti-Rebound Bar Convertible Car Seat
- 10. Britax Boulevard Click Tight Anti-Rebound Bar Convertible Car Seat
- How To Choose Best Convertible Car Seat
- Convertible Car Seat Frequently Asked Questions
Products that can offer value for money deal with stylish ergonomic design, lower weight, premium build quality, and more can look after quality deals. Here, the list is all about positive consumer reports reviews and all the major features that can help you select the best convertible car seat for your specific needs. Let’s have a look –
1. Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
Made with 100% polyester to prevent your baby and give a comfortable feel, Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat offers the best ergonomic design in all kinds. It is a made in USA product that can fulfill the need and help you grab a quality deal.
Product is a sided impact tested to prevent during the turbulence. It meets all the safety standards by the US authorities. Structural integrity is also tested to give you the best use. It comes in three different options to serve the best one for your specific needs.
It comes with the extra upfront harness adjustment, and there is an easy to tie buckle. It allows you the convenient use along with easier unlocking. Having an integrated body cushion gives a comfortable feel and reliable use of the same.
Color choice is stunning, and it easily matches with the car theme. With the small cup-holder, it is easy to keep a baby-feeding bottle. All these features, along with the removable pillow and extra units, let you feel comfortable during the use.
The only drawback of this product till this date is about the straps. They are comfortable, but they get twisted easily, which can take you time to reset.
- Made up of premium quality 100% polyester.
- Lightweight and comfortable convertible car seat.
- The harness is easy to adjust and quick release buckle.
- Available in plenty of color choices and more.
- Straps get twisted, which becomes uncomfortable and hard to reset.
2. Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat
If you are talking about premium and great design, then you can have a look at Evenflo Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat. With the premium design and high-end comfort level, this one is best in all kinds to look after.
It is an all-in-one choice because you can easily convert it. Children weighing 5 pounds to 110 pounds can relax on the same comfortably. It perfectly fits in most of the cars, and it offers the rear–forward booster seating experience.
You can use the same in the rear-facing mode for infants weighing 5 to 40 lbs. If your baby weighs more than 22 pounds, then you can use it into a front-facing mode. The best part, you can use it into the booster mode for baby above the weight of 40 pounds to 110 pounds.
Advanced latch technology gives you safer use where you can harness your baby easily and press the quick release to remove the same. It is the major factor in safety, and it makes you feel safe.
Speaking of safety, it is engineered with advanced features that let you harness the baby safely. During the installment, you will find it very easy and quite a reliable choice. Most of the people are considering the same based on these factors.
The only drawback is it is wide, and it has become easy for another person to sit in the backside. It is the only drawback of this product; otherwise, you can rely on the same.
- Wide color choice in premium finishing.
- Enhanced safety with a range of positive reviews.
- Smart latch technology for easier release and locking.
- Totally a wiggle free seat option
- Not a con, but it is slightly expensive.
3. Graco Slim-Fit 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat
One more time, an all-in-one product of choice is Graco SlimFit 3 In 1 Convertible Car Seat. It can easily take 5 pounds to 100 pounds of weight, which is quite a genuine option. Based on the design and features, it seems a genuine option to consider.
With the simply safe adjustable harness, you can make your baby sit comfortably. It has the safest headrest to make everything easier for your baby. Installing convertible car seat is quite easy, and you can remove it in a couple of seconds.
With the two bottle holders, you can place whatever you like. From keeping baby-feeding bottles to water bottles, both the section are large enough to help you out. After completing a couple of quality tests along with accidental damage, this product passes all of them.
Plush support is mainly added to keep your baby comfortable all the time. You can remove the same if your baby is having any sort of problem in the same. The smart design with minimal storage use in the back compartment, it feels like the safest choice.
- Pass all the quality standards due to higher quality.
- The harness is quite comfortable and easy to latch.
- Head support and great weight holding capacity.
- Two cup-holders make it helpful in various manners.
- Available in two color choices only.
4. Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat
Into the premium-priced category, the purchase of Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat seems up to the need with all the advanced features. Several color choices and extended weight range, which is up to 80 pounds fulfill the need.
Harness easy to latch, and they have the quick release feature due to safety reasons. It comes with premium padding and fabric to make your baby feel comfortable. Seating in an infant is easy, and the same goes for five years of children also.
In terms of cleaning and maintaining, you can prefer to wipe clean. You can remove the padding and harness for the cleaning purpose. It is an essential factor as you are using the same for a baby. Most of the infants and children cause lots of mess, so it is an important feature.
Based on the built quality and durability, you must be willing to learn about the use and comfort. So, it feels very comfortable, it keeps your infant cozy, and it doesn’t make them sweat at all. The credit goes to breathable material.
The only drawback is a premium price, but considering the features, it seems like the value for money deal. Even, you can wash out pads and harness cover of the seat in a machine.
- The extended weight range for long term use.
- Premium built quality ensures last longing durability.
- Easy to clean and support a machine wash.
- Plenty of color choices available with upgraded versions also.
- Apparently, the price is very high.
5. Britax Marathon Click Tight Convertible Car Seat
Based on the finishing and premium design, going with high priced Britax Marathon Click Tight Convertible Car Seat is a genuine choice. It is already clear from the name that harness is easy to latch and unlatch with a single click.
Installing it into the car will take a couple of minutes. Based on the lightweight design and compact size, it gives you enough space for a second person seat at the back. There is a manual guide added into the box to help you fit it easily.
With the growing baby, harness causes most of the trouble among convertible car seats, but this one has 14 harness positions along with two-position buckles. This lets you gain a comfortable fit for your growing baby.
To make your baby fell asleep, there are seven reclining positions, and it offers you the best vehicle installation angle. Comfort enhances with a different position, and it gives you a safer use so far.
In the rear fit, it is comfortable for baby weighing 5 pounds to 40 pounds. The forward-facing seating is comfortable for babies weighing 30 pounds to 64 pounds. Even, it has a compact size which is clear from the dimensions 23 x 18.5 x 23.5 inches.
- Comfortable for babies weighing 5 pounds to 65 pounds.
- Eight different color choices are available, with a slight difference in price.
- A layer of side impact protection is given for any mishappening.
- Seven reclining positions are helpful for comfortable seating.
- Getting this convertible car seat takes lots of effort.
- The cover doesn’t support machine wash, and it is hard to clean.
6. Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat
A unique product that helps your baby with a comfortable sleep and any sort of light from the windows of the car is Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat. This product is first rated for the design and easier usability.
It comes with a feature called ReclineSure leveling that allows you to install it into the car quite comfortably. Even getting it out of the car is also simple and doesn’t require much effort at all. With the SuperCinch LATCH tightener, you can harness your baby properly.
With the five-point harness, you can pull it tighter. Unlocking latch is very simple and based on one button for better safety of your baby. It also contains a removable newborn head so that your baby gets the complete view. Even, you can remove the body support.
This infant car seat comes for the mid-range price point, and it has all the basic features that you need. With all the reclining features, it helps your baby feel comfortable and cozy during a ride. Even the price seems reasonable for this product.
Along with these features, you are getting the connectivity with Chicco strollers for travel system use. A single product seems very versatile with this feature, which lets you enjoy quality usability. The cleaning part is also very easy with the same product.
- Rated as number 1 infant car seat in America.
- Comfortable and cozy due to body support.
- The harness can be set to five different positions.
- Highly compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use
- The chest plate is very easy to tight, which seems unsafe.
7. Diono Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
A versatile product seems a reasonable deal, and the same goes for all-in-one Diono Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat. It is made up of high-quality material, and the same applies to a harness.
It is slimline for space-saving, let you install the convertible car seat easily, and you can install the same in a couple of seconds. It has head support, and many positions harness tight options for comfortable use.
The example of great engineering is easy to find here with the side protection and Diono high strength core. It lets you feel assured about the quality of the product. Infants can easily fit into the seat, and you can pull the harness tight.
Considering the rear-facing position weighing capacity of 5 pounds to 40 pounds ensures safe use for infants. You can prefer the forward-facing for babies weighing 20 to 65 lbs and booster mode for 50 pounds to 120 pounds.
The color choice and design are impressive. You can choose a specific color scheme which matches your car. All the models are available for a similar price point that can make you grab any of the deals.
- Safe to use due to the great design.
- Support 5 pounds to 120 pounds weight.
- The unique nesting principle makes it comfortable.
- A number of reclining positions available for the same.
- It comes for a high price point.
8. Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
Our next product of choice is also a 3-in-1 convertible car seat from Safety 1st. It has three different stages option where rear-facing support 5 pounds to 40 pounds, front-facing support 22 to 65 pounds, and the last one is booster mode, which supports 40 pounds to 100 pounds.
Installing Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is easy, and you can uninstall the same in a couple of minutes. It comes with side-impact protection, and the material used in manufacturing is extra comfortable.
Padding is easy to clean, and the same goes for a harness. You can install this convertible car seat and get the best use. Speaking of installation and usability, the harness is easy to buckle up and release.
You can use the quick-release button, which gives you the best support. It comes with two cup-holder for basic stuff. The only con about this product is, it comes in single color choice; otherwise, there are no issues about this product.
The last thing, cleaning this convertible car seat harness and padding is simple. It supports machine wash along with dry safe. You don’t have to worry about any kind of fuss while cleaning this convertible car seat.
- It provides easier installation and uninstallation.
- It comes with built-in side impact protection.
- The product is easy to clean with machine wash support.
- It is a durable product of choice when maintained.
- Price is quite cheaper as compared to other deals.
- It seems a bit bulky while installation.
- Cover plenty of space in a back seat.
9. Britax Advocate Click Tight Anti-Rebound Bar Convertible Car Seat
One of the most expensive products of choice as compared to the other one is Britax Advocate Click Tight Anti-Rebound Bar Convertible Car Seat. It comes with three-layer protection for baby safety. Britax is known for the premium range and premium feature so it is easy to guess.
Installation is a primary part of a convertible car seat and this one takes less than a few minutes. Even if you want to install this car seat, you need to unlatch it and you are ready to go. This kind of comfort isn’t available with any of the above-mentioned products.
The head position is easy to set with the reclining mode. There are plenty of reclining modes available for the same. It has a steel frame that is good for the best protection and the base is an impact absorbing so that your baby doesn’t feel any turbulence.
It has 14 position harness which is easy to set. With the support of 5 pounds to 65 pounds, this convertible seat feels comfortable for infants mainly. There is no need for a booster in this product due to the comfortable size so you can rely on it.
Babies can fell asleep on this convertible car seat due to the design, and you can easily sit right next to your baby because it doesn’t take much space at all. Anti-Rebound Technology helps your baby feel secure about it.
- It is padded with extra safe harness and multi-positioning.
- This car seat is easy to install and the same goes for washing.
- Provides top-notch comfort to your infants for safer use.
- It comes with a safe snug Indicator which gives you a click sound.
- Not an affordable deal.
10. Britax Boulevard Click Tight Anti-Rebound Bar Convertible Car Seat
Britax is a leading brand in the premium category and its products are quite expensive for sure. The same goes for Britax boulevard click tight anti-rebound bar convertible car seat. This one comes in five different color patterns to match your car theme.
The manufacturer is providing a feature called SafeCell Impact Protection along with steel framing which gives extreme protection. The energy-absorbing base is good during potholes and poor-quality roads. Your baby won’t even feel any discomfort in the same.
It has two different positions where your baby can sit and sleep comfortably. You are getting harness which can be set at a different position. This allows you proper control and helps you feel sleep with ease. There is a total 14 position for the harness which reduce the efforts.
With the extra padding, this convertible car seat can absorb side-shocks. It keeps the car seat stable and helps with comfort. The fabric is breathable so it doesn’t make your baby sweat at all. The only drawback of this product is the expensive price point.
The rest of the factors like weighing capacity and positioning are like our previous model. It only misses the booster mode but there is no need for the same.
- It comes with the Anti-rebound bar for safety purposes.
- The harness is easy to tight and you can unlatch with a single click.
- Provide an extra layer of protection with steel framing and padding.
- Cover and harness support machine wash and dry.
- This one is a very expensive product, price isn’t justifiable.
How To Choose Best Convertible Car Seat
Many people buy the convertible car seats without knowing the features in detail. So we are discussing some important aspects here that can be helpful to you while buying a convertible car seat.
The seat should fit in the car and child:
It is very important to note, while selecting a convertible car seat. You should check the size of your kid and the place where you are going to install the seat. If the seat doesn’t fit in any of them you may consider replacing the seat.
Decide your budget:
In the market, you can get the convertible seats of many prices, according to the features. Of course by purchasing a costly convertible car seat you can get several features, but you should think that if you really need them. If you don’t need all the features, you can opt for a reasonable priced convertible seat. So first you should decide a budget and then select the product.
Identify your needs:
As installation of a convertible car seat is a safety consideration for your child, you should recognize your actual needs and make the purchase. There are many convertible car seats that offer various features but expensive. So while buying a convertible car seat you should look for your needs and choose the seat accordingly.
Installation method is another important thing to consider while buying a convertible car seat. You should look for whether you can install it yourself or need to call someone. If you need to call someone, the cost may increase. So you can choose a product that is easy to install and you are able to install it.
Easy to use:
While selecting the convertible car seat you should check that you can use this product easily and it can provide the required comfort to your child. You should able to change it from rear facing to front facing and vice versa easily. To select such product you can search on the internet and check the reviews of that product and then make the purchase.
Weight and height capacity:
Convertible car seats hold the children from 5 to 80 lbs. the suitable height for the convertible seat is 40 to 57 inches. So you should keep this range in your mind and select the highest capacity product to use that for a long time.
Rear facing compatibility for a long period:
As per the experts the convertible seat should allow the rear facing position for a long time, i.e. up to 40 to 45 lbs. It is considered that the rear facing position is safer than the front facing position. It is better for the health of the child to seat in the rear facing position. So you should check this feature to enhance the comfort of your child.
Side impact protection:
The convertible car seat you are going to purchase should pass the side impact protect test in order to give the appropriate results. Some manufacturers claim it is essential while others don’t consider it.
Seat material, design and construction:
Most of the convertible seats include the same types of materials in the manufacturing process. The seats may vary according to their design and construction process. There are some seats those using a metal frame with a thicker foam as a secondary material while others use a plastic outer body. The seats include the layer of padding and fabrics to give the comfort to the babies. However the material in the convertible seat impacts the comfort of the child.
Presence of level indicators:
Level indicators are important to check the installation level is perfect or not. They provide you the information on installing the convertible car seat properly. In some convertible car seats you can find a plastic levelled line or a line on a sticker which indicates how to install the seat correctly. So you should consider it is available on the convertible car seat you are purchasing.
Height adjustment options for shoulder:
The shoulder height of the convertible car seat plays an important role to provide the comfort as well as safety for the child. The convertible car seat should provide the option to adjust the shoulder height as per your needs. Without the adjusting option for the shoulder height may lead to improper placement of your child and it may cause injury in case of the crash. So it is very important to choose a convertible car seat with adjusting shoulder height option.
Convertible Car Seat Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. is it safe to use the convertible car seats?
Ans. The answer to this question is ‘yes’, yes the convertible car seats are safe to use. The child safety organizations such as NHTSA highly recommends the use of convertible car seats. The organizations say that it is very essential to keep the baby seated in the rear-facing position for a longer period.
Q.2. Do the convertible car seats comes along with an expiration date?
Ans. Yes, the convertible car seats come along with the date of manufacture or expiration date. The time of expiration depends upon the brand. Good brands manufacture convertible car seats that can last for six to ten years.
Q.3. Are the convertible car seats expensive?
Ans. The answer to this question depends upon the brand and quality of the product. Yes, you heard it right! The better the product quality is, the more expensive the convertible car seat covers become. Depending upon the quality of the convertible car seats, the product may cost between $50 to $500.
Q.4. for how long can the baby use the convertible car seat cover?
Ans. Babies can use the convertible car seat until they do not exceed the weight and height requirements that are mentioned in the instruction manual by the manufacturer. Once the baby exceeds the requirements, know that the time to change the car seat has arrived.
Q.5. Will the convertible car seat that I am buying fit in my car or not?
Ans. The answer to this question depends upon the car seat and the car. Mostly, the car seats have their dimensions listed on the internet. We would advise our readers to measure the car dimensions before making a purchase of the convertible car seat. After doing that, check the convertible seat’s dimensions to make sure if the two measurements match or not.
Q.6. what are the characteristics of using convertible car seats?
Ans. There are three major characteristics 1 of using the convertible car seat. They are as follows:
- Protection from side-impact: Convertible car seats come along with a system that offers side impact protection. This means the system offers additional neck and head protection for the baby. Typically, the side impact protection system comprises a headrest (adjustable) with extra-padding. Different brands modifies the side impact protection system and enhance the safety and comfort of the babies. Some of these systems also provide protection from the frontal collision.
- Convertible car seats are multi-positional: The convertible car seats can be used both in the forward-facing and rear-facing positions. If the car seat cannot be converted from one position to the other, then the car seat cannot be called convertible. Convertible car seats have two different positions in which they can be used.
- The headrest is adjustable: The convertible car seats are designed in such a way that they grow with the babies. Almost all the convertible car seats that are present on the market comprises of the harness system. The harness system allows the headrest to be easily adjusted. It makes the headrest fit the growing baby.
A convertible car seat is important for infants because it helps them feel comfortable in cars and sleeping with ease. Premium brands might be offering the best product but mid-range ones are not far behind. Due to this, make your purchase based on compatibility, comfort, harness and reclining position along with the weighing capacity.