During the winter, most people can’t imagine taking a bath without hot/warm water. Many people shiver only by the thought of a shower with cold water in winter. And it also can be risky for the human body to bath with cold water. So always make sure to take a bath with warm/hot water during winter. It’s because by taking a bath with warm/hot water you can feel fresh in winter as well. But for this, you first need a way to bring warm/hot water for the bath. There are many ways to do this, but we don’t want to recommend those methods to you. It’s because in those traditional ways, you need to put extra time to get warm/hot water.
But the most ideal and modern way to do this is by using a water heater instead of any other methods. A water heater is efficient in providing you with hot water in no time. Also, in the market, you will find out mainly two different types of water heater. The first type is the gas water heater, and the second type is an electric water heater. But here in this post, we are going to talk about the best gas water heaters. So, you might be wondering why you should choose a gas water heater instead of an electric water heater? Right. First of all, the primary and significant difference between these water heaters is only available at a price. Also, You will find out that an electric water heater is more expensive as compared to gas water heaters. Not only this but a gas heater consumes far less electricity as compared to the electric ones. Also, you can get warm/hot water from a gas water heater even without power as well.
Best Buy Gas Water Heater Consumer Reviews
- Best Buy Gas Water Heater Consumer Reviews
- 1. EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 3. Rinnai RL Series HE+ Tankless Hot Water Heater
- 4. Marey Power Gas Tankless Water Heater
- 5. Tankless Water Heater By GASLAND
- 6. Water Heater By GASLAND
- 7. American Standard 12 gallon Water Heater
- 8. CAMPLUX Natural Gas Water Heater
- 9. Honeywell Gas Control Valve Natural Thermostat
- 10. Excel Pro Tankless Gas Water Heater
- How To Choose The Best Gas Water Heaters
- Gas Water Heaters Frequently Asked Questions
So now if you have decided to buy a gas water heater, then you should need to choose the best one. To help you in this situation, we have added ten best gas water heaters by consumer reports in this post.
So, you can select a perfect water heater from this post. And it is a guarantee that any water heater of this list will not be going to disappoint you.
1. EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
On the very first spot, we have a tankless water heater by EcoSmart on our list. If you are looking for a tankless water heater, then you should also consider this one before making any buying decision. First of let’s talk about the build quality of this water heater, then we will move on to the functionality section. So, here you will get a perfect build quality to long term use. It means you don’t need to worry about the durability of this tankless water heater. For more convenience, the Ecosmart company also provided a lifetime warranty as well.
Now let’s talk about the functionality section of this Eco tankless water heater. So, here you will not be going to find any tank to store the warm water. Which means it can raise the water temperature as you need. If you are in an area where the average water temperature is usual or not too cold, then this water heater can work correctly. But in the more northern region where the average water temperature stays between 32 to 47 degrees Fahrenheit, you will notice a slightly downgrade performance.
- The name of this water heater perfectly suites to it because of the eco-friendly technology to save electricity.
- You can expect a long term of use from this water heater because of its build quality.
- The EcoSmart company also provided a lifetime warranty to all their customers for more value.
- The only downside point that we noticed in this water heater is it can’t perform very well in the area where the average water temperature is too low.
2. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
You might have listened to the Bosch brand because it is a very famous brand in the market. Mainly Bosch is renowned because of its washing machine technology. But you will find many other products from this fantastic brand as well. That is why we have added Bosch Electric Water Heater on our list. So, this is a mini-tank water heater, and the capacity of this water heater is up to four gallons. If this capacity is not suitable for you, then you can choose a higher variant of this water heater. In that more top variant of water heater, you will get seven gallons of massive capacity.
The build quality of this water heater is awe-inspiring, and it can provide you with long-lasting service as well. Also, you can expect even more from this water heater. Now let’s talk about the design of this Bosch water heater. So, here you will get a box-shaped design. The overall design of this water heater is very compact. It means it will not going to cover a large area where you want to fit it. The installation process is very straightforward for this water heater. For more convenience in the installation, you will get mounting features as well.
- It’s a very power efficient water heater, so it will not going to increase your electricity bill by the high cost.
- The overall build quality of this water heater is awe-inspiring. Also, the size is very compact for fitting it anywhere.
- It can provide you with hot water by spending very less amount of electricity.
- The capacity is too low, but if you have no problem with the size, then you can buy it.
3. Rinnai RL Series HE+ Tankless Hot Water Heater
If you can spend the right amount of money to buy a water heater, then this one is only for you. Remember that it is a premium quality of water heater, so it will be worth spending your money on it. Again it is another tankless water heater on this list. We know that a tankless water heater can provide hot water when you need it. But on the other hand, a standard/tank water heater offers you hot water after heating it in its tank. So, those are not energy efficient as the tankless water heaters. In our view, you should buy this water heater instead of the with-tank/standard water heater.
First of all, the build quality of this premium tankless water heater is incredible. There you will not be going to get any issue regarding its durability. Also, the look and feel of this water heater are very premium. There you will get four different options in terms of capacity in this water heater. We want to suggest you choose at least a reputable water capacity and don’t go with minimum capacity. The size of this heater is very compact for easy installation. So, you will not be going to get the issues regarding the installation procedure as well.
- It is a premium quality of water heater with premium features.
- The build quality of this water heater is also excellent, which means you can expect a far better life span from it.
- It is a tankless water heater; that is why it is more power-efficient as compared to the standard water heaters.
- None so far
4. Marey Power Gas Tankless Water Heater
On the fourth spot of this list, we have Marey Power Gas Tankless Water Heater. It is a good quality of gas water heater without a water tank. So you can get an idea about this water heater’s energy efficiency. But the plus point is that you don’t need to spend too much of your money to buy it. This water heater is an affordable range of water heater. Also, the build quality of this water heater is pretty solid. It’s all because of the metallic body/frame of this product. This water heater will give you better performance in the long term use. So, if you are looking for a budget water heater for long term use, then you should consider this one first.
As we said that this is a gas water heater, this means you don’t need electricity to get hot water from it. That is why you can also consider it as an excellent power-efficient product as well. The design of this water heater is very sleek and compact, so it will not going to taketoo much space in your home. For easy installation, you will also get the wall mount option in this heater.
- The build quality is pretty impressive of this budget range’s water heater. It’s a perfect product for use in a long term way.
- The manufacturing company claims that this water heater can save water and 60 % more electricity as compared to a standard water heater.
- You will find three controllers to control the temperature and water flow.
- Before taking a shower from it, you need to adjust the temperature first. It doesn’t have the smart feature to keep the temperature stable.
5. Tankless Water Heater By GASLAND
If you are looking for a gas water heater for outdoor activities, then this one is only for you. You can carry it with you when you are going outdoor camping like stuff. If you have a van for outdoor activities, then you can also use this water heater. In all these situations it can help you to get hot water. All of these are only possible because of the compact and lightweight design of this water heater. But it doesn’t mean that you will get a low quality of material to build quality. Here you will get high-grade content for long term use that specially designed for outdoor activities.
Also, the energy-saving process of this heater is awe-inspiring as well. The manufacturer company claims that it can save more energy as compared to other heaters for outdoor activities. And you will not be going to get any noise while using this water heater. The brand of this water heater is offering excellent customer service for every buyer. So if you will get any issue then contact the customer service they will help you out.
- It is a perfect heater for getting hot water during outdoor activities.
- The design of this water heater is very lightweight and compact; it is supporting the portability of the heater.
- Here you will get all kinds of protections like overheating protection, anti-freezing protection, high water pressure protection, low water flow protection, etc.
- There you will not need to put extra effort into installing this water heater.
- None so far
6. Water Heater By GASLAND
Again we have another water heater from GASLAND company. It is a water heater from another series from the GASLAND company. Here you will get some difference as compared to the previous water heater of this same brand. But there are many of the same features present between this and the last water heater of this list. These two water heaters are a perfect fit for outdoor activities like camping or hiking. It is a specific thing that these water heaters will not be going to disappoint while outdoor activities. This one again doesn’t have a water storage tank for saving water heater. It will provide you with hot water within five minutes after you turn it on.
This one also has some modern or advance features as compared to the previous one. First of all, you will get three controllers for controlling the water flow and temperature of this water heater. For monitoring the temperature of the water, you will also be going to get a digital screen as well. So, whenever you want to know about the water temperature, then you can get the real-time temperature from that digital screen.
- Here you will get everything to carry this water heater with you during outdoor activities.
- The design of this water heater is supporting the portability because it is very lightweight and compact.
- There are four different color options also available so that you can choose this water heater in other colors.
- Anyone can install this water heater only by reading the user manual that the company provided out of the box.
- None so far
7. American Standard 12 gallon Water Heater
This one is also a midrange water heater of this list. So, if you have a low budget but you want to buy the best water heater, then you should also need to consider this one. If you are going with this water heater option, then you can expect an average or above-average performance from it. First of all, this is a heater with a storage tank so you can store the hot water after heating the water. It is a perfect option if you are not comfortable with tankless heaters. Here you will get a stainless steel water tank that is a heavy gauge stainless steel. This stainless steel tank also has a protecting layer of the dura glass inside of it.
According to the price of this heater, you will be going to get an outstanding build quality here. So, even if you are on a low budget, then also you can expect a far better experience with it. The size of this water heater is average as compared to other options of this list. So, you will also not be going to get any issue in the installation process.
- First and the main plus point of this water heater is that you can buy it in a meagre budget.
- The build quality of this heater is pretty average according to its price point. But you can expect better experience in terms of getting hot water.
- The installation process of this heater is very straightforward, so anyone can do it by reading the user manual
- Here you will not be going to get any screen or indicator to indicate the temperature of the water.
8. CAMPLUX Natural Gas Water Heater
On the eighth spot of this list, we have CAMPLUX Natural Gas Water Heater for you. If you are wondering about buying a budget segment of the water heater, then you can consider this one as well. If you don’t want to get into a more modern type of controlling stuff to control the water temperature, then this one is only for you. It is the most straightforward water heater of this list, which means you don’t need to put your extra time to understand how it works. There you will not be going to find additional buttons or confusing controls; that is why anyone can be an expert after a single use of it.
Here you will get a stable build in this heater. The overall frame of this heater is build-up with metal. So, you will not be going to get durability problems with this particular product. Not only this, but the design of this product is very compact and lightweight as well. Also because it is a pure gas water heater, that is why you don’t need to use electricity to get hot water from it. There is another option that is also available, in case if you want to buy a propane water heater. So, here you will get another option/variant, with that you can get hot water by using propane.
- It is the most straightforward heater of this list so that anyone can use it with zero knowledge about water heaters.
- The build quality is quite impressive at this price segment of water heaters.
- Another variant of propane is also available for all customers at the same price.
- None so far
9. Honeywell Gas Control Valve Natural Thermostat
On the ninth spot of this list, we have a thermostat for water heaters. Yes, you got it right that on the ninth place we haven’t added a gas water heater. But this one is also going to help you while getting hot water from your regular water heater. If you have a water heater that doesn’t show the water temperatures, then you might need a thermostat to get the accurate temperature of the hot water. If you want to use it to get the correct temperatures of hot water, then you should install it after the typical water heater. And you need to connect it with the water heater’s section where from you get hot water. It is how it will work with the standard heaters to monitor temperatures.
First of all, here you will get an excellent and reliable build quality. You can use this thermostat for long term use. But don’t think that it is going to be lightweight. We want to tell you that this thermostat of this list has a noticeable or considerable weight. For measuring the temperature here, you will get a dedicated indicator. On this indicator, you will find out some points mentioned that will indicate where the water touches the different temperatures.
- This thermostat is compatible with almost all types of water heaters that you will find in the market.
- Also, you will get a pretty solid build quality here in this thermostat.
- You will find a dedicated indicator for measuring the water temperature.
- None so far
10. Excel Pro Tankless Gas Water Heater
If you are looking for a premium build quality of water heater in a low budget, then you should take a look at this one as well. You will get excellent build quality not only from outside but also you will see good build quality inside of this water heater. To use this heater for getting the hot water, you need to use Natural gas to start the healing process. Also, because you only need Natural gas for starting this heater, that is why you can also consider it a power-efficient water heater too.
To get accurate temperatures of the water, you will get a digital display on the front side of this heater. Also, there are four different buttons available to controller the water flow and temperature according to your requirements. Overall you will be going to get a great package in the budget segment. For installation purposes, you will get a free flue kit with this water heater.
- There is nothing to complain about the build quality of this water heater because you will get the top-notch build quality here.
- It is a power-efficient water heater to provide hot water without using electricity.
- A digital display/screen also available that will indicate the temperature of water in Celsius.
- None so far
How To Choose The Best Gas Water Heaters
Still, facing confusion to get the perfect option related to water heaters? If yes, this brief but in-detailed guide on gas water heaters is only for you.
There are mainly three different types of water heaters you will be able to find in the market. You can choose one of them according to your needs or hot water for purposes such as taking a shower, washing dishes, etc. Here we have listed all the types down below with their use and efficiency.
Storage Tank Water Heaters → While choosing a gas water heater for your home, you will get many options that are basically the storage tank type of water heaters. It basically stores the water and will deliver when you need the hot water. Also, there are some variants present such as electric storage tank heats, and the other one is the natural gas-based storage tank heaters.
Tankless Water Heaters → This type of water heater is more fuel-efficient as compared to the tank-based water heater. But keep in mind that the tankless water heater will cost you more as compared to the tank-based option. This type of heater provides hot water by heating it with the help of coils.
Hybrid Water Heaters → , This type of heater, usually transfers the heat from air to the water. But there is a drawback that we have noticed here if you live in a freezing area then these types of heaters are not the perfect suits for you.
The choice is yours, which type of heater you should buy. But still, we want to suggest you should choose a tankless kind of water heater. It’s because they come with more advanced features and better power efficiency.
The capacity factor usually matters a lot while choosing a storage tank type of water heater. So, if you have decided to buy the storage tank water heater, then the capacity point is something that you should need to consider. Usually, in the market, you will find all the water tanks come from 40 to 60-gallon storage capacity. And if you have a small family, then this is going to be more than enough for you. Even medium to large families can use this type of capacity easily.
We know that in the tankless type of water heaters, you don’t need to consider the capacity points. But the hot water flows still matter here in the tankless options. If you have decided to buy a tankless type of water heater, then make sure to choose a hot water flow of 3 gallons per minute option.
This point is very important, not in the water heaters only, but for all the products that you are willing to buy. Actually, by looking for some additional features, you can enhance your user experience with that particular product. The same applies in the case of purchasing the water heaters. Here we are talking about the additional features such as digital display, anti-scale device, good material, etc.
Where the digital display option provides you the capability to see the actual temperature of the water that you can get from that heater, on the other hand, the excellent material can enhance the look as well as the durability of the heater too.
Are you thinking about buying the premium quality of the water heater? If yes, then this is the point that needs your attention. Even the cost of the water heater also depends upon which type of heater you are willing to go with. Suppose if you have decided to buy the tankless water heater instead of the storage tank heater. In this case, you may need to pay a bit of extra money to buy the tankless water heater.
This same applies in the case of the premium or standard quality of heaters. There are many options available in the market at different price points, where some are premium, and some offer a decent performance. To select or buy a perfect type of water heater according to your needs, you should try the narrow down method. Just narrow down the options according to your needs, then choose one option that fulfills your requirements under your budget.
Gas Water Heaters Frequently Asked Questions
- Electric water heater and gas water heater, which is the best choice?
When you look at the upfront, the gas water heaters will cost you high compared to the electric water heaters. But gas water heaters are faster than the electric ones, and you will also save more in the long run. The upfront is just a one-time investment, and that should not be a problem when you can save in the long run.
- How long will a gas water heater last? What is its life period?
Many people get confused between the warranty and the life of the gas water heater. The manufacturer usually provides warranty for a certain time period, and you will enjoy certain benefits if something goes wrong with the heater during that period like a refund, replacement, free service, etc. But when it comes to life, a gas water heater can last longer than its warranty period. It is usually three years and more if you are able to maintain it well. You should not keep it on for a very long time when it is not required.
- Is a gas water heater safe to use?
Just like any other kind of water heaters available in the present market, these gas water heaters also come with a set of pros and cons. Nothing is completely safe, and no one can assure you of that level of safety. You will have to take certain precautions by yourself to avoid any mishap from happening. The first thing that you need to take care of is the installation process. When the installation is done in the right way, half of the problem is solved. You should always ask for expert assistance when you are not sure about the installation process. The next thing that you need to keep in mind is to turn off the heater immediately along with the tap if you think that there is something wrong with the gas water heater.
- Is it possible for me to detect if there is any water leakage near my gas water heater?
Water leakage for a water heater, whether gas or electric, is a major issue, and you need to be very careful about it. You can check the water inlet, water outlet, heater drain valve, pressure relief valve, and also the water tank’s bottom. If you sense any leakage, then you should get in touch with the professional help to get it fixed immediately. You should not use the water heater until the problem is fixed completely.
- What can be done if the water is not getting heated?
If there is any fault in the heating process, this problem will occur or when it is time for you to replace your old heater with a new heater. So, check for the possible reasons in the first case, like the pilot light. If it is off, then you will have to relight it by following the right process. Then you should check the thermostat for any problem. If both are fine, then you need to get in touch with your manufacturer for the best help.
Are you wondering about buying a gas water heater for home use? If yes, then this post was only for you. We are saying this because here in this post, we have listed ten best gas water heaters for you. So, after reading this fantastic post on water heaters, you will be able to make a firm or reliable decision regarding this topic. Also, we have covered every point about these ten water heaters that every buyer should need to know.