Greenery is always necessary for the landscaping, and this is the easiest way to make your house look extravagant. You can always have a backyard garden and you can even have some hedges as well as trees planted in front of the property. One necessary thing is the maintenance of the vegetation. You do not want wild growth in the garden. Moreover, if you are growing a hedge, then you want it to be perfectly symmetrical. You can give different shapes to it and that would add on to the beautification for the property. The fact is that the professional service can cost a lot and it is going to be a recurring cost. With some tools, you can do it all by yourself and you would just need to dedicate a couple of hours over the weekend.
One of the most important power tools to maintain the hedge is Hedge Trimmer and there are several available in the market. You will find the ones which are powered by gas and you will also find the ones which are powered by a battery. You can buy the one as per your needs but this tool will really help you in transforming your garden. If you are planning to buy a hedge trimmer, then let us help you in shortlisting the best hedge trimmer in the market. We have listed some of the best hedge trimmers available in the market and we have also listed a short review of them. Go ahead and check out the details in the section below.
Best Hedge Trimmer Consumer Reviews
- Best Hedge Trimmer Consumer Reviews
- 1. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- 2. DEWALT DCHT820B 20v Max Hedge Trimmer
- 3. Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 22″ Hedge Trimmer
- 4. EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- 5. Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer
- 6. Worx WG801 20V Shear Shrubber Trimmer
- 7. Earthwise Cordless Rechargeable 2-in-1 Shrub Shear and Hedge Trimmer Combo
- 8. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 20-Inch 3.2-Amp Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
- 9. Greenworks PRO 26-Inch 80V Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- 10. Husqvarna 966532302 122HD45 Gas Hedge Trimmer
- How to Buy Best Hedge Trimmer 2020 – Consumer Buying Guide
In this section, you will find the top 10 hedge trimmers by consumer reports which are available in the market. Ensure that you go through all the details and that would help you in making an easy decision. To make it easy for yourself, you can also check out if the hedge trimmer is powered by gas or by the battery. If you are buying a battery operated hedge trimmer, then take note if the battery and the charger are included in the combo or if you need to purchase it separately.
So, let us not wait for any further, and let us now go through the list of best hedge trimmers available for you.
1. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The first hedge trimmer in our list is from Black+Decker, and this is one of the most reliable brands when it comes to power tools. This is a soft grip hedge trimmer with a full-length trigger, which makes it easy to use it. This is powered by a 40 V Lithium-Ion battery and the hedge trimmer also shows you with the charge levels left. The total length of the cutting head is 24 inches and each blade has a length of ¾ inches. The good part about this listing is that it is available in a combo so you will get a charger as well as a battery. The blades are dual-action so you get a better power output and at the same time, it also vibrates a lot less.
You can use it easily to cut the branches and this will help you in maintaining the hedges, bushes, and even shrubs. It takes about 1 hour to charge the hedge trimmer completely. The hedge trimmer is capable of generating 2400 cutting strokes every minute and this is a lot of power as well as speed.
- You get a 3 year warranty on this hedge trimmer.
- The hedge trimmer is easy to maneuver as it is lightweight and the grip of the hedge trimmer is also good.
- It is available in a combo with a 40V battery that lasts very long.
- Nothing that we could notice.
2. DEWALT DCHT820B 20v Max Hedge Trimmer
Dewalt is another reliable brand available in the market and you can consider purchasing a hedge trimmer from this brand as well. You have an option to choose between a model with the battery or without the battery. The cutting strokes here are 2800 strokes per minute and it can easily cut a ¾ inch thing branches in every stroke. The total length of the hedge trimmer cutting head is 22 inches and that would offer you the required flexibility. Overall, this hedge trimmer feels compact and this is mainly because of the lightweight design. This ensures that you can operate it easily without any risk of injury.
Since it is an electric hedge trimmer, there is no need for extensive maintenance schedule required. It becomes really easy to maintain a hedge trimmer. If you are looking for a reliable electric hedge trimmer then you can check out this model and we assure you that you will not be disappointed. If you do not have a battery already then opt for the model with the 20V battery as this would eliminate the need to purchase it separately.
- The brand offers 3 year warranty and 1 year service with a 90 days money back guarantee.
- This hedge trimmer is quite lightweight which makes it very easy to use.
- The power delivery is optimal to deal with any kind of vegetation.
- Nothing that we could notice.
3. Makita XHU02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 22″ Hedge Trimmer
Moving on to number 3, we have a hedge trimmer from Makita and this is also a reliable brand. It is one of the best-selling products in the country and it is also equipped with a star protection computer control that protects the hedge trimmer in case of overloading, overheating, or over-discharging. The number of strokes delivered here is 2700 per minute. This is coupled with a powerful cutting head that is 22 inches long and these are loaded with a double-sided blade so that the hedge trimmer doesn’t vibrate while cutting the branches. The noise levels are also lower and they are restricted to 87 dB.
The advantage of buying power tools from Makita is that you will be able to use the same battery will all the power tools manufactured by Makita. Apart from this, the batteries have a fast-charging system, which means that a 5.0 Amp battery can be charged in just 45 minutes. Overall, we really love this model because of the integrated protection system that offers protection not only to the motor but also to the battery.
- The hedge trimmer is powerful and it can deliver 2700 strokes per minute.
- It comes with a safety system that protects the motor as well as the battery.
- Batteries from all Makita tools are compatible with all the tools manufactured by the brand.
- The battery and the charger need to be purchased separately.
4. EGO Power+ HT2400 24-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer
We have yet another battery-powered hedge trimmer and this one is from Ego Power+. This is also available in a tool only model that comes without a battery and a charger. Each blade in this hedge trimmer is capable of cutting ¾ inch branch. Another amazing thing about this hedge trimmer is that it comes with an electric brake for sudden stops. The top operating speed of this hedge trimmer is 3000 strokes per minute and the blades of this tool are made of hardened steel which gives it a lot of durabilities. The total length of the cutting head is 23 inches and this model is also water resistant.
If you are really concerned about the durability, then this is the hedge trimmer that you must opt for. This not only offers you the optimal power but the build quality is also amazing. The batteries are compatible with the other tools from the brand and the hardened steel blade works like a wonder. Overall, it is a durable tool and you can consider this for the purchase. Apart from this, you will also be getting a 5 year warranty on the tool and a 3 year warranty on the battery pack.
- It comes with electronic brakes that improve the overall control while using a hedge trimmer.
- The hedge trimmer is designed with weather-resistant elements and the brand offers a 5 year warranty on the tool.
- It supports the high speed of 3000n strokes per minute.
- Nothing as such.
5. Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer
Until now, we have talked about the battery-powered hedge trimmer but many people want the gas-powered models. If you are also looking for a similar hedge trimmer then this one is going to be the best hedge trimmer for you. This is powered by a 2 stroke 23 cc engine and it has 1 inch blades on the cutting head. The total length of the cutting head remains to be 1 inch and there is also a good amount of damping against the vibrations. The hedge trimmer is lightweight and the total weight of this is 11.1 pounds. Apart from this, the grip is also very good which makes it easy for you to rotate the hedge trimmer while using it.
The blades do not corrode and they remain sharp even after long term usage. Starting the hedge trimmer is also not a problem and the 2 stroke engine generates a lot of power when you are using it. The handle can be rotated to get the right angle while you are trimming the hedges. Since it is a gas-powered hedge trimmer, the power generation is very high and it becomes easy to cut the toughest hedge as well.
- This is a gas-powered hedge trimmer with a 23 cc engine.
- Features an anti-vibration design with dual action 1 inch blades.
- The brand offers 2 year warranty on this hedge trimmer
- Requires a certain level of maintenance as this is gas powered.
6. Worx WG801 20V Shear Shrubber Trimmer
Some people find it difficult to use a hedge trimmer with both hands. If you are among that category and if you are looking for a hedge trimmer that can be used with just one hand then you must check out this hedge trimmer from Worx. This is a battery powered hedge trimmer it also comes with 2 different blades. You get 4 inches and an 8 inches blade for different purposes. You also get an option for the pole extension. Changing the blade is also quite an easy task. So with just one purchase, you can not only manage your hedge but you will also be able to manage other tasks easily.
The total weight of this hedge trimmer is just 2 pounds and it is the lightest hedge trimmer available in the market. The same battery can work with different Worx tools. Because of the compact size and the agility, the tool lets you work even in tight spaces. Overall, if you are looking for a lightweight, compact tool then you can opt for this model.
- It can be used as a grass shearer and a shrubbery hedge trimmer.
- This hedge trimmer can be used with a single hand and it is also very compact.
- The battery lasts for a long time after every single charge.
- Some people find it less powerful when compared to a full-size hedge trimmer.
7. Earthwise Cordless Rechargeable 2-in-1 Shrub Shear and Hedge Trimmer Combo
Did you like the previous model that we discussed with you? Let us share another similar model with you which comes with 2 blades. You can use this as a 6.3 inch hedge trimmer or you can use it as a 3 inch grass shear as well. The brand has also integrated a blade mounting plate which helps you in quick blade changes. Because of this, you would not need any tool to change the blades. This unit also comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a built-in charging unit.
This hedge trimmer is easy to use and it can be used with 1 hand as well. Apart from this, the hedge trimmer is also very durable. Overall, this is a hedge trimmer that can be used by anyone who needs something compact and easy to use. There is also a safety button that offers you safety from the sharp blades. Earthwise also offers a 1 year warranty on the trimmer and the battery pack. Just note that the power output is slightly low because of the compact motor integrated into it.
- It comes with a battery and a built-in battery charger.
- It comes with two blades that can be used for hedge trimming and grass trimming.
- Changing the blade is very easy and you can change it without any tools.
- The maximum width of this hedge trimmer is just 5/16inches.
8. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools HT10020S 20-Inch 3.2-Amp Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer
Moving on to number 8, we have one of the most powerful Hedge Trimmer. This comes with a very powerful 3.2 Amp Motor and it can easily tackle hedges as well as overgrown hedges. The total length of the cutting head is 20 inches and each blade can cut 5/8 inches. The maximum cutting stokes here is 3400 strokes per minute. It should be noted that this corded Hedge Trimmer so you would always have some restrictions while it. To keep the cord secured, this Hedge Trimmer also has built-in cord retention that will protect the connections.
The aluminum support provides strength to the blade head. The blades are made of hardened steel and hence they are very durable. They do not lose the sharpness even after extensive use. Overall, the quality is good, and with a 3 year-long warranty, you can rely on this Hedge Trimmer without any issues. This is available at an affordable price and it also has a very good grip to offer the required agility to the user. Go ahead and check out the pros and cons below
- The brand offers a protective cover that can increase the life of the blade.
- It is quite a powerful Hedge Trimmer as it has 3400 strokes every minute.
- The brand offers a 3 year warranty on its products.
- This is a corded Hedge Trimmer.
9. Greenworks PRO 26-Inch 80V Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The next on our list is from Greenworks. It is available in 2 variants where you can choose between a 20 inch cutting head or 26 inches cutting head. The blades are ¾ inch in size and hence you would not face trouble while chopping off ¾ inch branch. The brand has also equipped the Hedge Trimmer with anti-jamming technology. You can buy the Hedge Trimmer with 2.0 Ah battery and this battery can work for 60 minutes of run time on a single charge. Apart from this, the machine is also loaded with a brushless motor that is a lot more durable and a lot more powerful. You will not feel a difference between an electric and a gas-operated Hedge Trimmer while using this product.
The Hedge Trimmer comes with a quick charge facility wherein you will be able to charge the Hedge Trimmer in just 30 minutes. If you choose the model with the battery, you will get the charger; otherwise, you can use a battery from Greenworks. Overall, it is a reliable Hedge Trimmer that you can opt for and we are sure that this will last for a long time for you.
- It is available in 2 sizes, which are 20 inches and 26 inches.
- The Hedge Trimmer is loaded with electric start and laser-cut technology.
- Quick charge facility is available with the Hedge Trimmer so
- No warranty information available.
10. Husqvarna 966532302 122HD45 Gas Hedge Trimmer
Here is the last product on our list and this one is a gas-operated Hedge Trimmer. It has a 21.7 cc 2 stroke engine and the cutting head of thisHedge Trimmer is 18 inches in size. This Hedge Trimmer has a lightweight design with a total weight of just 10.36 lbs. apart from this, the engine generates a low amount of noise, which ensures that you do not disturb the neighbors while trimming the hedge. The amount of vibration generated is also very less and hence you would not experience sore arms. The dual-action blades on this are made of stainless steel and they are dual-action blades. These blades cut in both directions and hence that works very efficiently.
The amount of maintenance required is also very less and the engine requires minimal oiling. Overall, this is really a durable Hedge Trimmer that you can opt for hedge Trimming at your home. You can opt for this, especially if you want something very powerful. In terms of gas consumption as well, the machine is very efficient so you are going to spend very less on the gas.
- This is a powerful gas-powered Hedge Trimmer and that works very efficiently.
- The blades are made of stainless steel and hence they are very durable.
- The engine generates very minimal noise.
- No information available on the warranty of this Hedge Trimmer
How to Buy Best Hedge Trimmer 2020 – Consumer Buying Guide
Hedge trimmers can be very useful in your garden for vegetation, but as there are so many options available in the market for you, it is quite obvious to get confused. Especially, when you are buying it for the first time, it can be a tough job. If you are also buying it for the first, then here is a buying guide that can be very helpful for you. This buying guide is having all the important features that you need to consider.
Type of Hedge Trimmer:
The first thing that you need to decide is the type of hedge trimmer you want to buy. You have corded trimmer and cordless trimmer. Cordless trimmers are more beneficial as they cord does not come your way when you are trimming the tree edges. They are operated with the help of a Lithium battery. They are just two to three kg in weight and hence very light to carry. Corded hedge trimmers are ready to use. You need not have to charge them and these are also light in weight. Both of them work without any noise. So, now it is your choice to pick one from these two.
You will have to pick the blade length depending on the width of the hedges that you need to cut. If the hedges are small, then a 300 to 400 mm length is good to go. But if the width of the branches is large, then you will have to go for 500 mm. It is always good to get a large blade even if you are cutting small branches because it can be used for any branch width.
Like we discussed above, if you wish to cut larger branches, the teeth spacing with be high. Wider teeth will be able to cut well than teeth that are close to each other. If you are choosing for smaller branches, you should have a gap of 15 to 20 mm for proper cutting. But for mature branch cutting, you will have to go for 30 mm gap or more.
If you are picking a hedge trimmer with sawing feature is very helpful. You will be able to cut thicker branches very easily without any extra efforts.
The blades of the hedge trimmer are very sharp and when you are using it in the right way, this trimmer is going to last for a very long time. But if the blades get in touch with hard surface like fence or walls, the blades of the trimmers can get damaged. So, having a blade protector will be very helpful. You will be able to maintain the quality of the blades for years.
For a hedge trimmer, the blades should be very sharp. When they are sharp you will be able to cut the edges in a better way and also the tool does not vibrate a lot. If the trimmer comes with laser-cut or diamond-ground features, then they are already sharp and will offer you the best cut.
This was all about the best hedge trimmers in the market and we are sure that with the help of this list, you will be able to find an appropriate model for yourself. In addition to this, you can also check out the more details about the hedge trimmer by visiting the product page with the help of the link associated with the product. If you have any questions about any of the models or if you have any generic questions, then you can also reach out to us in the comment sections and our experts will get back to you with the answer.
With this, we will now conclude the page and do not forget to share this with your friends and families who are willing to buy a hedge trimmer.