While many people must have heard about fish oils and their health benefits, krill oil supplements are particularly new. Just like fishes, the krills are found in oceans. The oil is extracted from these and is known to have a lot of health benefits. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients required by us. As a result, these help in alleviating muscle pains, joint pains, reducing inflammation, metabolism, and improved brain functions, etc. Krill oils are also considered better than the fish oils in a number of ways. The oil that is extracted from the ocean krills is better absorbed and processed by the human body. Not only that, but it is also less expensive when compared to the fish oils.
Given the health benefits, you might consider adding the krill oil supplement in your daily routine. However, with the increasing demand, there are many brands of krill oil supplements. Choosing the right one may be a difficult choice. To help you in your decision, we have listed the ten best krill oil supplements that are available in online market and based on consumer reports. So, let us get started.
1. Bronson Antarctic Krill Oil
Known for its high-quality products, the first product on the list of the best krill oil supplement is the one from Bronson. It is one of the most trusted brands in America and has been around since 1960. The Krill oil offered by the company contains omega3 fatty acids. This is known to affect the health of an individual positively. The antioxidants present helps to improve the level of blood pressure as well as promote the levels of healthy cholesterol in the body of an individual. Further, it also improves the health of the joints and muscles, the eye, and the brain.Krill oil is made by harvesting the Krill directly from the waters of the Antarctic ocean. Hence, the product is 100 percent authentic. This product has been certified by the FDA or the Food and Drug Administration of America. This in itself, speaks volumes about the safety of the product.The brand is also known to manufacture its range of products. This helps in establishing the purity of the krill oil. Krill oil is known to be free from gluten and soy. Finally, the makers guarantee one year of satisfaction. If you are looking for healthy living, this should be your go-to brand.
- It is manufactured as per the FDA guidelines. Hence, it is safe for consumption.
- It contains omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants known to promote the overall health of an individual.
- It is made from krills directly extracted from the waters of the ocean.
- It is a well-known American brand. The brand has been around since 1960.
- It is an affordable product.
- It is also free from gluten and soy
- It has a one-year satisfaction guarantee.
- A few customers have found the information on the packet of the product as misleading.
2. NatureMyst Krill Oil
Next on the list is the krill oil by Naturemyst. Like most of the other brands on the list, this is a 100 percent natural product. It boasts of being harvested naturally. The krill used is from the waters of the oceans directly. Besides, if you are particular about the contents, it is important to note that the krill oil does not contain soy, corn, egg, peanuts, or gluten. The makers have taken due care to ensure that it is safe to use and is pure. Hence, the oil is manufactured under the brand itself. Besides, the entire process is certified by the Food and Drug Administration. Not only that, to be more than 100 percent sure about the quality of the product, but the oil is also produced by NatureMyst is tested for purity by a third party.This speaks volumes about the high standards of quality maintained. Apart from that, advanced technology is used to get rid of unwanted chemicals such as dioxin. The krill oil is high on omega-3 fatty acids and several antioxidants. As you already know, these are healthy and are required by an individual’s body.This is a great product if you want to improve the overall health of your joints, muscles, heart, brain, as well as your mood. The makers boast of giving 60 days money-back guarantee for the product.
- It is naturally processed.
- It is produced by the brand within the guidelines of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Adequate steps are taken for maintaining the purity, potency of the krill oil.
- It contains healthy antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
- 60 days money-back guarantee is available
- The product is devoid of gluten, egg, soy, wheat, as well as peanuts.
- High-quality ingredients are used.
- Nothing as such.
3. Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil
The krill oil by Jarrow Formulas is third on the list of the best krill oils for 2020. The main source of the krill that makes up the oil is the krill accumulated from the Antarctic ocean. The product is also rich in omega-3 acids. This is a great thing for the health of the joints, muscles, as well as other parts of the body. The omega-3 for this brand comes from the phospholipids that are present in the krills of the Antarctic. The krill oil from this brand is known to give health benefits in three different forms. The first health benefit comes from the development of healthy lipids in the body. Also, the phospholipids present in the krill helps in enhancing the strength of the brain to a great extent. Finally, the product also boasts healthy metabolism in the body. It does this by improving the functioning of the liver and promoting the ability of much-needed glucose. The production of the oil is from the facilities is closely monitored by regulatory authorities. In this case, the production is under the regulation of CCAMLR or the Convention for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources. Thus, due care has been taken to ensure that the product is safe for humans to consume. The makers do not make undue false claims about the ability of the krill oil in treating different health conditions. Thus, if you are looking for a brand that is pure, safe, and contains necessary ingredients for health, the Jarrow Formulas krill oil is your best bet.
- It is produced under the guidelines of the CCAMLR or the Convention for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources.
- It is processed from naturally extracted krills.
- It contains healthy omega-3 from the phospholipids of the krill.
- It helps in maintaining healthy levels of blood lipid count.
- Good for promoting healthy metabolism.
- As per a few users, the smell of the krill oil is quite like a fish.
4. Antarctic Krill Oil Supplement by Purity Labs
Next on the list is the krill oil supplement from Purity Labs. The oil from the brand is considered to be 100 percent pure. Besides, as in the case of other brands on this list, the oil is free from gluten, toxins, solvents, etc. What distinguishes this brand from its competitors is the presence of the high-quality antioxidant called astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is considered to be a highly effective antioxidant. This helps in reducing or eradicating the oxidation effect of free radicals. When free radicals oxidize, the healthy body tissues are damaged, and the human body becomes unhealthy. You might also catch some disease. The presence of astaxanthin is, therefore, very important for your overall health.Apart from this, the krill oil promotes skin and eye health as well. This is a product that will help you in promoting the health of your joints, muscles, brain, as well as the heart. When you take the supplement regularly, and as recommended, your energy levels will become high as well. Safety is also ensured by the brand. For this, every batch that is produced is tested at an individual level.With every serving of the product, you will get as much as 2,000 mg of the oil with 800mcg of astaxanthin. This, along with the necessary levels of Phospholipids is a great way to boost your overall health
- It is a naturally manufactured product.
- It has several health benefits for the heart, eyes, joints, muscles, as well as the brain.
- It helps to improve digestion.
- It contains healthy levels of omega-3 acids and antioxidants like
- Comes with a 100 percent money-back guarantee
- Nothing as such.
5. Jocko Super Krill Oil by Origin
High in omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, the krill oil by Origin is next on the list of the best krill oils for 2020. Omega acids are essential for the overall health of the individual. However, the human body is incapable of producing these essential nutrients on its own. Hence, a supplement is required, which has a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids. In that regard, the product from Origin is a dependable one. The makers boast of a product that is completely pure and safe for human consumption. No preservatives or artificial blends are used. The brand is so particular about the quality that each packet is individually tested by a third party. Besides, the manufacturing is done in a facility that is registered with the Food and Drug Administration. The product offers good value for money as the number of phospholipids present is higher than some of the other brands in the market. Phospholipids, as seen earlier, is an important ingredient that helps to promote healthy living.Additionally, the omega-3 fatty acids are also present in a higher amount as compared to the competitors’ products. If you are someone who does not like the smell of fish, then you would be glad to know that the product is devoid of that smell. Instead, you will get a mild flavor of vanilla in the supplement.
- It contains a higher amount of omega-3 fatty acids and
- A healthy supplement for heart, lungs, brain, joints, and muscles.
- It does not smell of fish. It has a mild vanilla flavor.
- It is produced with natural krill.
- Safety is guaranteed as produced under the Food and Drug Administration.
- Nothing as such.
6. Pure Antarctic Krill Oil by Zeal Naturals
The pure Antarctic krill oil by Zeal Naturals is next on our list. This is one of the best ways in which healthy fats can be consumed. It is made in a non-GMO facility. Besides, the regulations followed are those that are certified by the FDA. This, in turn, implies the high safety standards of the krill oil supplement. The absorbability of the krill oil is much higher when compared to the regular brands of fish oil that you get in the market. This makes the brand so popular. The phospholipids are present in a good amount in this oil. Phospholipids are not only essential for healthy living, but they also can be easily absorbed by human blood. Hence, the supplement is known to have several health benefits. Reduction of joint pain, reducing inflammation, promoting skin, and brain health are some of the many health benefits of krill oil.
- It is certified by the Foods and Drug Administration.
- It has many health benefits for the brain, joints, muscles, blood, etc.
- It contains higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids and
- The product is lab tested and is certified by the FDA.
- As per a few customers, all the tablets were stuck together in the bottle. Thus, it was inconvenient to take one tablet out.
7. Grizzly Wild Antarctic Krill Oil
Grizzly krill oil is one of the most sought-after brands in the world of krill oils. The oil is extracted by using krills from the ocean, making it completely pure. It is also high in antioxidants, astaxanthin, and omega-3 fatty acids. The amount of astaxanthin present is eight times more than the other brands of krill oil on the list. It is due to the presence of the astaxanthin that the product is deep red in color.The antioxidants play an important role in getting rid of the free radicals in the body. This, in turn, means that you get a number of health benefits as you intake the supplement.To ensure the safety of the products, each batch produced is tested by a third party. Besides, the bottles have also been secured. Thus, the brand contains all the essential features that are needed to be present in krill oil.
- It contains important antioxidants like
- It is a trusted brand and has been around for quite some time.
- The product has been medically tested and is safe for human consumption.
- It is produced by extracting krills from natural waters.
- As per a few customers, the product solidifies during winters.
8. Nature Made Krill Oil
Next on the list is the all-natural krill oil produced by the brand Nature Made. This product is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. This means that you can stay healthy. Omega-3 are a source of good fats and are needed to promote good health of the heart, the lungs, eyes, skin, as well as your joints and muscles. The red color of the krill oil comes due to the presence of astaxanthin. This helps the cells from getting damaged, thereby giving the above-mentioned health benefits. The product does not contain any artificial ingredients. Hence, it is safe and pure. It is also easy to swallow. Besides, most of the people are not very fond of the fish flavor that is left after taking in fish oil. If you are one of them, this product will not disappoint you for sure. This does not have an aftertaste of fish. The supplement is manufactured as per the FDA guidelines.Thus, all the essential and unique features make this brand one of the most sought-after in the market.
- It contains all-natural ingredients.
- It contains a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
- It promotes the overall health of the body.
- It does not leave an aftertaste, which most people dislike.
- The absorption of omega-3 from this krill oil is better when compared to other fish oils.
- It offers great value for the money spent.
- Nothing as such.
9. Pure Antarctic Krill Oil by New Age
The Antarctic krill oil from New Age is next on the list of the best krill oils for 2020. As is true with the other brands in the market, this oil helps the body get the essential omega-3 fatty acids and the antioxidants. The power of absorption is higher by the blood when you are taking this supplement as recommended by your doctor. This is due to the presence of the nutrient phospholipids. These are essential not just for easier absorption, but they also have a lot of health benefits for the body.Thus, when you take it, your joints, muscles, heart, brain, etc. have better health. This is an all-natural product and is made from krills gathered directly from the ocean waters. When you take regular fish oils, there is an aftertaste of fish. You tend to get fish burps all the time. This problem is resolved if you are in the habit of taking this krill oil supplement. This also means that your digestion is improved. The makers are quite confident about the quality of the product. This explains why a 100 percent guarantee is available if you are not satisfied after using it.
- It contains ingredients that are extracted directly from the oceans. Hence, it is completely natural.
- It helps to improve the health of the joints, muscles, brain, skin, as well as your heart.
- The phospholipids present in the oil helps the blood to absorb the oil much more quickly when compared to the fish oil.
- There is no aftertaste left after taking the krill oil and you do not get fish burps.
- It is produced under FDA regulations.
- A 100 percent money-back guarantee is available.
- A few customers found the smell of the krill oil very strong and unbearable.
10. Now Supplements, Neptune Krill Oil
Finally, the krill oil by Now foods makes it to the list of the best krill oils of this year. This is a trusted brand and has been around since 1968. The product has been certified as safe by the Friend of the Sea. The product is also known to contain EPA and DHA which are essential minerals for the body. When you have a sufficient quantity of these, you experience a lot of health benefits. Besides, astaxanthin is known to be present in the product. This, as seen above, is one of the most important acids that our body needs for its overall health benefits. This oil is free from harmful compounds, which include toxins, dioxins, mercury, as well as PCBs. Thus, it is safe for human consumption. It is recommended that you take a couple of softgels atleast once or thrice, as recommended by your health expert.
- The product is from a well-known brand that has been around since 1968.
- It offers health benefits.
- It is free of unwanted chemicals that include PCBs, mercury, and many others.
- It is safe for consumption as certified by the FDA.
- A few customers did not like the taste and the smell.
How to Buy Best Krill Oil Supplement in 2020
Krill Oil Supplements are beneficial for providing the Omega-3s that are helpful for the brain and also your body. When they are so crucial for the body, you will have to make sure that you are picking the best ones. Krill Oil supplements are available from many different brands, and hence you need to be very careful. You should not just pick any supplement of Krill oil. Make sure that you are checking them properly. But if you are not sure what to check for, then this buying guide is handy for you.
Avoid Synthetic Krill Oil Supplements:
When you are not having any knowledge about the Krill oil supplements, you may end up buying synthetic supplements. They are not made from the ocean, and instead, they are made with some synthetic oils. They will not work as effectively as the natural Krill oil supplements work, and hence you need to be very careful. You should always pick products only from the top and reputed brands available in the market.
Pick only certified supplements:
Another essential factor that you need to check when buying the Krill oil supplement is they should be certified. It will be clearly mentioned on the label of the product, whether it is certified or not. If it does not have CERTIFIED on the label, then you should not buy at even if they promise to deliver the best results.
Forget the number game:
Many manufacturing companies or brands know how to play well with numbers. Everyone usually checks the numbers or the quantity of the active ingredient in the supplement. But the companies, just list the ingredients used in high quantities and hide the rest. So, you will think that whatever is used in the supplement are used in high dose and hence very beneficial. But do not fall for that trap. Just make sure that you are getting the essential fatty acids like EPA and DHA is enough quantity along with Krill oil in the supplements. So, always look beyond just the krill oil on the product label.
Details of antioxidants:
It is essential to have antioxidants in the Krill Oil Supplements that you are buying. There are basically two primary antioxidants that are used in the making of the supplements. They are Hydroxytyrosol and Astaxanthin. They will be very helpful in the overall functioning of the immune system. You should read the label of the krill oil supplement to check if this ingredient is present or not and if present how much is present. A good krill oil supplement will have at least 1 mg. But the manufacturers again play with numbers. They list it as 200 and do not state the units. It is not mg, and it is micromilligram, and so you need to be very careful. It is just 0.2 mg and not even close to 1 mg. Do not waste your money on such krill oil supplements.
Protection of Phospholipid:
It is essential to make sure that the Krill oil supplement is reaching the targeted tissues without getting stuck in between. This is the job of the Phospholipid. This is another ingredient that you will have to check on the label of the medicine. If that is not present, then you should not buy the supplement. Even if it is present, you need to make sure that it is present in the required amount. It should have at least 400 mg of this protein Phospholipid. Anything less than this not right for you or does not show the required effect on your body. Always make sure to check the label of the supplement before buying it.
We hope that after reading the above article, you shall be in a better position to decide which is the best krill oil for your health. We have helped you with links to the various products so that you can go through each product in detail. We strongly recommend that you also conduct your own research before you decide which product is the best for you. There are a lot of factors that can affect your decision. Considering those factors, and after going through these products, you will be able to make a wise choice.