Are you tired of mowing the snow with a manual mower? We are sure you are, and this is one thing that none of us like. It is also very difficult to remove the snow from the car and we all need an easy solution to this. The best one can be a snowblower. There are many different types of snow blowers available in the market that can help you in clearing the pathways or walkways. They reduce the manual work and hence they can create the way to take your car out of the garage.
A lot of people prefer using a big snow blower to make it easy to clear the snow. Mainly, you will find two types of snow blowers. The first one is the gas powered snow blower and the second one is electric powered. Everyone has a different choice but we feel that the electric ones have the edge over the gas-powered snow blowers. The reason for this is that the electric-powered snow blowers do not have emissions and they are environment friendly. Even in the electric snow blowers, you will find models that are powered by a battery and the ones that are powered by the direct socket. You can choose the one which you think will be more useful for you.
We will try and help you and in this process, we are going to share this consumer report with you, where we have listed the top 10 models of the snow blowers available in the market in 2021. We have ensured that we maintain diversity while we are talking about the models. Let us now jump on to the next section and find out more about the snow blowers.
Best Buy Snow Blower Consumer Reviews
In this section, we are going to talk about the top 10 best snow blowers that are available in the market. We have talked about the models that are powered by the gas, and we have also talked about the models that are powered by electricity.
So while buying the ones that are powered by the electricity, pay especially attention to factors like the cord length and the presence of a battery. You can also check if the snow blower is a single-stage model or a multi-stage model. This will determine the efficiency of the snow thrower. Let us now check out the list of models without wasting any time. Here are the best snow blowers –
1. Snow Joe SJ623E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
The first product that we have on our list is from Snow Joe and it is one of the best brands available in the market. It is an electric snow thrower, which means that it is very eco-friendly. You can buy this if you have a mid or large driveway and it will clear the snow very easily. There is no maintenance required here since there is no engine and the motor that is integrated into this machine is very powerful. There are 4 blades in the auger which rotates at high speed to cut 18 inches deep and 10 inches wide every time you pass on the snow. The motor starts instantly as there is no use of fossil fuel.
The directional chute can easily be adjusted by an angle of 180 degrees and the chute is capable of throwing the snow up to 25 feet away. You will be able to use this snow thrower even at night as this comes with a 23-watt halogen light. The brand also offers a 2 year warranty and the cord can be extended up to 100 feet.
- This is an electric snow thrower that doesn’t create pollution.
- Has a 15 amp motor that can easily move 720 lbs. snow every minute.
- Easy to clean the tool and it is a maintenance-free snow thrower.
- The brand offers 2 years warranty from the date of purchase.
- The length of the extension cord is 100 feet.
- Nothing that we could notice.
2. Greenworks 20-Inch 13 Amp Corded Snow Thrower
We are a strong advocate of the clean machines and at number 2, we present you another electric snow thrower. This is snow thrower is from Greenworks and it is for the people who have a really wide driveway. This snow thrower is also very power efficient as it has a 13 amp motor. In addition to this, the lights integrated into this snow thrower are the LED lights which consume a lot less electricity. Just like other snow throwers, the model also has an adjustable chute that can discharge snow up to 20 feet.
In terms of the area covered, the machine covers 20 inches of the path and it can remove 10 inch deep snow in a single move. The extension cord integrated into this snow thrower is 100 feet long and hence it provides you with the required agility. Overall, this is one of the best and affordable snow thrower that you will find in the market.
- The brand offers 4 years long warranty on this snow thrower.
- The machine is power efficient as it uses LED lights instead of the Halogen lights.
- The motor is powerful enough to throw the snow 20 feet far.
- In a single move, this clears a 20-inch wide driveway which reduces the overall efforts required to clear the snow.
- The cord length is 100 feet.
- Some people find it less powerful.
3. Earthwise SN72018 Electric Corded 13.5 Amp Snow Thrower
Another brand that is quite popular in the market is Earthwise and this has a 13.5 Amp motor which can remove 700 lbs. of snow every minute. You get a lot of options in this snow thrower. You can choose between a model with a width of 16 inches, 18 inches, 22 inches, and 22 inches. Moreover, you get to choose if you would like a corded snow thrower or a cordless snow thrower. The cordless models have a battery integrated into them. The clearing depth of this snow thrower is 12 inches and the draft is thrown at a distance of 30 feet.
The chute in this snow thrower can easily be adjusted and the handle is also quite ergonomic. It is easy to use the snow thrower even in deep snow because of the handle. The auger has 2 blades and there are also 2 LED spotlights to work at night. You can buy this snow thrower if you are looking for a reliable snow thrower that is available with a lot of options.
- This has a lot of options available in terms of the clearing width and the power supply.
- The chute can easily be rotated as it comes with an adjustable handle.
- It has 2 powerful LED lights that enable you to work during dark hours.
- The brand offers 2-year warranty on this snow thrower.
- The machine is quite compact.
- Nothing that we could notice.
4. Briggs & Stratton 1022ER 22-Inch Single-Stage Snow Blower
Next on our list is a product from Briggs & Stratton. This is an electric start version of the gas snow thrower. It is designed to work in the toughest winter conditions and hence you are really going to love this snow thrower. It comes with a push-button start which starts the snow thrower within a second. The motor faces no issues even when the temperature is 20 degrees below the freezing point. The chute has a handle that can be used to change the direction of the chute without having to switch off the snow thrower. The auger is designed to endure rough conditions and there is minimal wear & tear as well.
The size of this snow thrower is quite compact and hence you will be able to use it easily. There is no trouble in storing the snow thrower as well because of the compact size. The engine is of 208 cc in terms of capacity which is a good amount of power.
- This model features an on the go remote chute rotation mechanism.
- The clearing width of this snow thrower from Briggs & Stratton is 22 inches.
- The auger has rubber edges, which reduces the amount of wear and tear.
- The 4 stroke engine is easy to maintain and it can start easily because of the electric start mechanism.
- The brand offers a 3-year long warranty on snow thrower.
- There is no headlight in this snow thrower.
5. Snow Joe SJ622E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
Moving on to number 5, we have a second listing from Snow Joe. This is a toned-down version of the product at the number 1 listing. This is good enough for mid to large-sized driveway as it can clear 18 inches wide driveway in a single move. The auger is designed to dig in 10 inches of snow in a single move. This snow thrower is free of maintenance as the motor operates on electricity. The motor can remove 720 lbs. of snow per minute and this is some serious power.
One thing that we love about the snow throwers from Snow Joe is the fact that these products have an auger with 4 blades. This improves the efficiency of the snow thrower and it makes things easy for the user. The cord has a length of 100 feet so you can easily clear your driveway without needing any other extension. For this snow thrower, the brand uses steel which adds on to the durability of this machine.
- The brand offers a 2-year long warranty on this product which covers everything.
- The auger has 4 blades, and it is designed with steel to endure tough conditions.
- This snow thrower features a powerful motor of the capacity of 15 Amps that removes 720 lbs. snow every minute.
- It has an instant start system
- The length of the cord is 100 feet.
- Nothing as such
6. Greenworks Pro 80V 20-Inch Cordless Snow Thrower
We have talked about one of the corded models from Greenworks but we are aware of the fact that a lot of people do not like the corded snow throwers because you need to maneuver around the cord. If you are among such people then you can go ahead and buy a cordless electric snow thrower. These works on batteries. This model that we are talking about here uses an 80V battery and it has a clearance width of 20 inches. Just like most of the models, the clearance depth of this snow thrower is 10 inches.
The discharge distance of this snow thrower is 20 feet and if you buy the battery from Greenworks then you will also get a quick charge feature that will charge your battery in just 20 minutes. There is a battery indicator and the battery offers consistent power while you are using the snow thrower.
- The clearance depth is 10 inches and it can clear a 20 inch wide driveway in a single shot.
- The chute is easy to adjust and it can be rotated to an angle of 180 degrees.
- The operating time of this snow thrower is 45 minutes with a fully charged battery.
- It comes with LED lights so that you can work during dark hours.
- The brand offers a 4 year warranty on its product.
- The battery is not included and needs to be purchased separately.
7. PowerSmart PSS1210M 21 inch Single Stage Gas Snow Blower
Some people do not feel confident in using the electric snow blowers. For them, we have a gas operated snow blower. This one has a 196 cc engine that is very powerful when it comes to clearing the snow. This snow blower can clear width of 21 inches and a depth of 12.5 inches at max in a single move. The chute is also adjustable and the product is lightweight. Since the weight is low, the maneuverability is high. The brand has paid special attention to the parts that usually stay in wet conditions and they have been designed with rust-resistant material.
The throwing distance of the chute is 30 feet and this helps you in quickly clearing the driveway or walkway. The 4 stroke engine is easy to maintain and it produces less noise which is another advantage of buying this gas snow blower.
- This comes with a 196 cc engine that is very powerful
- The width of the snow blower is 21 inches and it can clear the depth of 12.5 inches.
- The snow blower chute can easily be rotated and hence you do not have to stop the blower.
- The exterior of this snow blower is made of rust-resistant material which increases the life of the machine.
- The brand offers a 1 year standard warranty on this product.
- Some people find it very lightweight.
8. Power Clear 518 Ze 18 In. Single-stage Gas Snow Blower
At number 8, we have yet another snowblower which is powered by gas. It can handle deep snow very well and in a single move, this clears a width of around 20 inches. The clearance depth is 12 inches and the chute throws the snow 25 feet away. It ensures that it maintains a lower angle so that the snow doesn’t spread around. This snow blower is available at an affordable price and that is one of the reasons why a lot of customers choose this machine over others.
Overall, if you are looking for a powerful gas-powered snow blower that is available at an affordable price then you can go ahead and opt for this machine. You would not face any trouble in the maintenance. The engine also starts up easily during extreme winters.
- It is a lightweight machine and even older people do not face difficulty in moving this snow blower.
- It features a powerful 4 stroke engine which is easy to maintain.
- The handle can easily be folded down, which compacts the snow blower further and hence it is easy to store.
- The engine starts easily even during harsh winters
- The chute is adjustable and it throws the snow far enough to keep the way clear.
- No warranty information available about this product
9. EGO 21 in. Cordless 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Single Stage Electric Snow Blower
Battery powered snow blowers are great as they do not create air pollution. They use a battery instead of a cord or electricity. Moreover, they also offer the required agility to the user while they are blowing the snow. If you are looking for similar agility, then you can consider this model from Ego. It is capable enough of clearing 21 inches wide pathway and it does it very efficiently. The machine uses a 56 volt battery and the total weight of the snow blower with the battery is 25 pounds.
There are LED lights integrated on to the machine which illuminates the pathway, especially when it is dark outside. In addition to the battery can easily last 60 minutes in heavy snow and the brand also provides five-year warranty on this snow blower. Overall, it is a reliable product that is made of the aluminum frame to keep it lightweight yet durable.
- There are 2 bright lights on the snow blower to ensure visibility during dark hours.
- The snow chute throws the snow 35 feet away and you get optimal power during the use.
- The brand offers 5 years limited warranty on this snow blower.
- It has a clearance width of 21 inches and a depth of 10 inches.
- The battery lasts 60 minutes on a full charge.
- Nothing that we could notice.
10. Snapper XD 82V MAX 1697185 20-Inch Electric Single-Stage Snow Blower
The last product in our list is form snapper and this is also a battery-powered snow blower. This snow blower comes with a dual light that improves your visibility while you are clearing the snow. The machine works efficiently in clearing the 20-inch wide path with a 10-inch deep snow. The chute is easily adjustable and hence it also provides you with the required flexibility. Since this is a battery powered snow blower, the operating time is really important. You will be glad to know that this machine offers you 75 minutes of operating time.
The battery can be fully charged within an hour and hence you would not have to wait longer to clear the pathway. The warranty ensures that it covers everything and mitigates the risk for you. Overall, it is a reliable snowblower that you can buy.
- This snow blower features a brushless motor that offers maximum efficiency to the user.
- This snow blower also offers you with the required freedom as there are no cords involved.
- The clearing width is 20 inches and the clearance depth is 10 inches.
- The snow throwing distance is 20 feet.
- This brand offers a 5 year long warranty on this snow blower.
- The battery and the charger are not included in the package.
How to Buy Best Snow Blower in 2021 by Consumer Reports Reviews – A Perfect Buying Guide
A snow blower is the best thing that could avoid backache, blisters on hands, frequent cold. In recent years, the number of snow blowers available on the market has increased as the demand also has been increasing. There a lot of things to consider when purchasing a snowblower. But, the first thing you should ask yourself before considering to purchase a snow blower is “how often do you need this device?”. If you need a snow blower regularly, then you should consider purchasing one and the buying guide below would help you select the best.
- Type of snow blower:
There are different types of snow blowers available on the market today. Each one is designed in such a way that it could serve a common purpose but in different ways. Here is everything you need to know.
Based on power source –
- Corded – corded snow blowers are lightweight, compact, and best for cold weather. When compared to the other two types, a corded snow blower is cheap.
- Cordless – cordless snow blowers are heavy, portable, versatile, and compact. However, when compared to corded snow blowers, this type is expensive.
- Gas-powered – designed to offer good mobility and high power. However, gas-powered snow blowers are not environment-friendly, some of them might not start easy, and expensive.
Based on stages –
- Single-stage –
This type of snow blower comes designed in such a way that they comparatively lightweight, compact, easy to use, and maneuverable. However, they are best for light-duty work only and not for any medium or heavy-duty work.
- Two-stage –
This type of gas-powered snow blower is designed in such a way that it could handle a snowfall up to 8-inches thick. This powerful blower is best for clearing larger areas and has engine-driven wheels so that the user does not have to push the snow blower around.
- Three-stage –
This type of gas-powered snow blower is designed in such a way that it is very powerful and it could clear large areas within less time. Three-stage snow blowers move 10 times faster than two-stage snow blowers.
- Features to look for in the best snow blower:
- A snow blower should move from one point to another with minimum manual labor. If the bower is too heavy, then it could mean hand fatigue.
- Consider purchasing a snow blower with power steering for maximum easy maneuverability.
- Large tires mean easier steering and more stability
- There are snow blowers available on the market that comes with a feature that would heat the handles, which makes it easier for people to use the snow blower without really feeling numb.
- Drift cutters are the best as they could cut through deep snow with ease and within the least time.
- Tracks and treads are better if the terrain is not plain and could suit almost every terrain.
- Clearing width and the intake height determine the efficiency of the snow blower. Therefore, it is best recommended that you consider purchasing a snow blower with a maximum width and high intake height.
These are the best models and you can choose anyone of these without any concerns about the brand, quality or efficiency. Our experts have reviewed each of these models very carefully after considering all the pros and cons of these models. You can check out the detailed reviews and if you need more information about the particular model then you can also visit the Amazon link associated with the product. This will help you in buying what you are looking for. So, don’t wait any longer and order your snow blower today. Thank you and do share this page with your friends, families, and neighbors so that they can also check out this consumer reports and buy a reliable snow blower for themselves.